This lady's name is listed on two death certificates - both very
hard to read - as Mary or
Merry PRATT or as Amy
PRIVET. Her first husband was
John BLAKEMAN or
BLACKMAN. She and John had a daughter,
Cordie, who married W. J.
Her second husband was Alford
KENADY. They had a son, Cenus Hardy KENNEDY, born February, 1870, in Tennessee.
Below are listed the facts we
know about Cenus Hardy KENNEDY/KENADY's family:
- On the back of the above picture is
written: Mother was 1/2 Indian.
- Family stories say that Cenus was born to Alford and this lady in
Scotts Hill, TN but this has not been proven. Latest
indications are that Alford
came from Alabama and moved up to Lincoln Co. and then to
- Both Alford and the above lady died before 1880 and Cenus was raised by a Preacher named HALL near Jackson, Tennessee.
- Cenus had a brother named Sam KENNEDY who moved to Texas. He died May 3, 1926 in
Paris, Texas at the age of 64. Information on the death
certificate was provided by J. K. KENNEDY of Haworth, OK. Sam was
buried at Garvin, OK, on May 4, 1926.
- The above lady was Alford KENADY's second wife. Alford had at least two sons (name
unknown) by his first wife.
If anyone has any information about the above
lady, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
TO HOME PAGE